Evie is an Australian author whose passion for reading lead her into writing. Evie spends her days writing angsty, heartbreaking love stories and creating happily ever afters. Evie's characters are strong alpha's with even stronger heroines who bring sexy sass to the relationship.
Evie has three self-published novels with another one releasing July 2015.
Facebook / Twitter / Goodreads / Pinterest
1. How and when did you get started as a writer?
From my love of reading. I decided I wanted to write my own story and when I did begin to tell my story of Lily and Jake I was desperate to finish it to see what would happen with them. I always knew they would have a HEA, but I wanted to see and write how that happened. After finishing You Loved Me At My Darkest I was eager to write another book. That’s how I began to write stories.
2. How do you usually find your ideas?
My stories and ideas find me. I write what is already in my head. The more I write the more they show me their stories/paths. But for my next few books I want to start having more complex characters so I have been looking for flaws and character personalities in my friends and family and also in myself.
3. Where do you write from? (home, office etc.)
I write from home in my office, living room, bedroom or outside patio.
4. How long does it take you to write a book?
It depends on the book. My debut novel took me almost four months to write and edit. My second and third novels took me three months. I give myself three months to write and edit a book, but I’m not strict on that deadline, if the story needs more time then I will push my deadline back.
5. What is your work schedule like when you're writing?
When I’m writing I usually write non-stop from 8am to 2pm (sometimes stopping for lunch lol) and then I start again at about 6pm to whenever my eyes begin to drop which is usually midnight. I also try to fit replies to emails, marketing, giveaways and promo in there as well.
6. Do you have any suggestions to help become a better writer? If so, what are they?
To write, write, write. Anyone’s writing will improve if you keep at it. Also, research writing skills and tools and read some writing books. Learn all you can and keep writing that’s what I feel is the key to bettering my writing career.
7. What is your greatest weakness?
I don’t look at myself and think I have weaknesses I am who I am. Some people tell me I’m naïve and too nice, but that’s just who I am. I would rather see the good then always being paranoid about the what ifs.
8. What is your greatest strength?
Looking to the positives and not letting negativity weigh me down. I find solutions or remove the negativity so I can move on and start enjoying life again.
9. As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?
Honesty I have no idea. I didn’t even know what I wanted to do when I finished high school. I just wanted to live and have fun with my friends, travel and fall in love.
1. Favorite movie. – The Notebook
2. Favorite website. - Goodreads
3. Favorite color. – Purple
4. Favorite book. – So hard to choose just one, but Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens is one of my favorites.
5. Favorite country. - Australia