Jordan is a small town Kentucky girl whose life revolves around her husband and daughter. She's an avid reader who has always had the dream of letting others hear what the voices inside of her head had to say. She hopes you find them as entertaining as she does.
Website / Facebook / Goodreads/ Twitter
1. How and when did you get started as a writer?
I started writing short stories and poems. I sold my first poem back in 1990’s then I got a deal to write a horrible story about a vineyard owner in love with his wife’s sister. I was just starting to see a light, when a close family member was struck with cancer. I pushed it all away and concentrated on helping him with his battle. He fought 5 different types of cancer, before Brain Cancer finally claimed him 7 years after the initial diagnosis. After that… I just couldn’t listen to the voices in my head. I didn’t think I’d ever write again. Sabrina Paige read something I wrote and encouraged me. Through that Breaking Dragon was born.
2. How do you usually find your ideas?
Honestly the voices just talk in my head. Dragon woke me up in the middle of the night. Dancer just progressed out of Dragon’s story and the same with the others. Now the new series I’m starting, Burned… started off a story about a cowboy and then the character took control and it completely changed.
3. Where do you write from? (home, office etc.)
Home… usually on the bed if everyone is home. I go upstairs to my bedroom and close them out and write. I don’t even have an office… but since it looks like readers may want to read what I write… We’re in the process of converting the family room we hardly ever use into it.
4. How long does it take you to write a book?
It depends… Dragon took almost 7 months, Dancer took 3 Loving Nicole I did in a month. Crusher is taking MUCH longer lol. Some characters don’t cooperate like others lol
5. What is your work schedule like when you're writing?
Crazy? You have to find time to do your takeovers and things and interact, but write too and in between that family time too. Most of my writing gets done about 4 am till 7 am lol
6. Do you have any suggestions to help become a better writer? If so, what are they?
Just don’t give up and write. The more practice you get, the easier it becomes. Corny but true.
7. Something personal about you people may be surprised to know?
I once through a battle with depression after I lost my child and I suffered through some sexual trauma as well and a lot of Dancer’s story is based on me and my life.
8. What is your greatest weakness?
At the moment? Salted caramel blizzards omg even! But really I’m a procrastinator BIG time. I hate that about me.
9. What is your greatest strength?
I’m strong I’ve went through so much I could have been a Lifetime Movie Network. But I kept pushing through it and I got the chance to live my dream at 45. I’m proud of that.
10. As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?
Writer, all I’ve ever really wanted to do is write.
1. Favorite movie. Highlander In the end there can be only one bahaha I can’t help it! I love it!
2. Favorite website. Umm… it must be facebook it sure sucks up all my time!
3. Favorite color. Blue
4. Favorite book. I am a Kresley Cole Addict I drop everything for any of her IAD releases. Other than that Sweet Dreams by Kristen Ashley
5. Favorite country. Scotland. I really want to go there some day. Close second would be Ireland.