1. How and when did you get started as a writer?
I loved to write as a child and had a voracious appetite for reading. As I got older life seemed to take over and both reading and writing were put on the backburner. It sounds dramatic to say but I felt like I’d lost myself, when my husband bought me a kindle last Christmas everything changed! By March I was writing again with the first book completed by May. It was initially just for me with no intention of publishing but the feedback I received was so great that I was encouraged to go for it!
2. How do you usually find your ideas?
Just from normal everyday situations, people watching and a vivid imagination.
3. Where do you write from? (home, office etc.)
Usually at my breakfast bar – with a huge supply of unhealthy snacks…..
4. How long does it take you to write a book?
I think it depends; my first book “Freed by Him” took me around 9 weeks, the second book “Caught by Her” took around 12 weeks but that was over the school holidays!
5. What is your work schedule like when you're writing?
With two little ones it can be difficult to fit everything in. My youngest is only in school for two hours in the morning. Typically I’d stay up writing until midnight/1am then get up and sort the school run out before spending the two hours in the morning reading over the previous nights work. I’d try and have one night on the weekend with the hubby then the other night I’d stay up until maybe 3am or 4am writing…Sunglasses to hide the bags and energy drinks were a must the following day! It does kind of consume me when I’m writing but I try to balance that with my family too.
6. Do you have any suggestions to help become a better writer? If so, what are they?
Read! I still love to read and I firmly believe that the best writers are those that read.
7. Something personal about you people may be surprised to know?
I’m a pretty useless girl as far as clichés go, I don’t really like chocolate, ice cream or wine…I do like pink tho! I don’t drink any hot drinks either.
8. What is your greatest weakness?
An inability to say no….I’m getting better but seriously, I’m such a people pleaser that I end up annoying the hell out of myself!
9. What is your greatest strength?
I’m fiercely loyal and protective of those I care about. I’m also one of those annoying people that always try to remain positive
10. As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?
An English teacher, a librarian and an air hostess so I could fly to warm countries…..are you noticing the theme with books and sunshine?! It really doesn’t take much to make me happy haha.
1. Favorite movie – I’m not a huge movie fan…If Bob can’t build it, or Doc can’t fix it then I can’t help you!
2. Favorite website – I could literally spend the whole day on pinterest
3. Favorite color – I love bold colours. Pink is probably my favourite though
4. Favorite book – This is impossible…it’s like choosing between children! I have so many for different reasons. My most sentimental book would be “The little Princess” by Frances Hodgson Burnett – this book was given to me by my school teacher when I was 9 and is one of my most prized possessions. The Driven series by K Bromberg was a huge catalyst in starting my writing career though as it introduced me to so many wonderful people that have become some of my very best friends and supporters.
5. Favorite country – somewhere warm! I love living in Wales but we don’t have anywhere near enough sun or heat!
Release date: 19th November, 2015.