Sierra Simone is a librarian who writes unabashedly sexy books with brains, beauty and big words. She lives with her hot cop husband and family in Kansas City. You can stalk her on tumblr and pinterest.
Social Links: Website / Goodreads / Facebook / Amazon /
1. How and when did you get started as a writer?
I’ve always been a writer! I’ve been writing stories since I was small—in kindergarten. I didn’t write romance until after college though, when I started reading more of it because of the popularity of Fifty Shades of Grey. Then I found I really loved reading and writing it.
2. How do you usually find your ideas?
While I’m driving or while I’m running. I find when my mind goes blank and I “space out,” ideas and characters just drift in.
3. Where do you write from? (home, office etc.)
Typically from home, from the floor by my fireplace with my cats and my dog. But sometimes, I do go out to a coffee shop or to the library if I need a change of pace.
4. How long does it take you to write a book?
It depends on the book! A full-length novel might take me two to three months, a shorter one six to eight weeks. I’m kind of a slow writer, but I’m learning to accept that about myself.
5. What is your work schedule like when you're writing?
My goal is to write two thousand words a day, five days a week. That usually gives me something close to an eight hour work day, plus then I have weekends off to spend with my family (and drink, if the writing’s going poorly.)
6. Do you have any suggestions to help become a better writer? If so, what are they?
Read a lot! The best writers I know are people who are avid readers, and who read every day.
7. Something personal about you people may be surprised to know?
I have a disease called narcolepsy, so I nap a lot :) Also, I’ve been taking karate since I was twelve and I’m working towards my fourth black belt.
8. What is your greatest weakness?
I’m really shy, both in person and online, and so I hide from the internet a lot.
9. What is your greatest strength?
I am a pretty hard worker, and I try to work as hard as I can.
10. As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?
A writer! And also a librarian!
1. Favorite movie. Gladiator or Inception.
2. Favorite website. Tumblr
3. Favorite color. Gray.
4. Favorite book. Jane Eyre.
5. Favorite country. England.